Part II: Responding to the Language of Children (no CEUs)
Play Therapy: Part II Registration
Friday, May 3rd, 8am-12pm
Covington First United Methodist Church
1113 Conyers St SW
Covington, GA 30014
Play Therapy Part II- Responding to The Language of Children
Description: Counseling children in a playroom requires the clinician develop a set of skills to respond to the developmental level and “language” of children – Play. As Garry Landreth says “Toys are children’s words, Play is children’s language.” As play therapists, the challenge is to know how to respond to the “Play”. This workshop will briefly introduce the basic skills of play therapy: Tracking, Reflecting Feeling, Returning Responsibility, Limit Setting, and Questions. A video will be shown demonstrating the different skills and the child’s response as well as the benefits for the child and the clinician.
Participants will be introduced to:
· Tracking a child in a playroom – what the child is actually doing.
· Reflecting feelings of the child from observation of play and facial expressions.
· Returning responsibility for actions or activities in the playroom.
· Setting limits in the playroom with a positive outcome.
· How to keep from asking questions/and how to respond to children’s questions
3.5 hours of CEUs offered for Social Workers, Licensed Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists, and Play Therapists (pending approval)
CEU fee is $10- please select CEU type below.