Find Supportive Resources by Calling 1-800-CHILDREN (1-800-244-5373)
Being a parent is hard work, and sometimes we can all use a little help to get through the tough parts. It takes parents, caregivers and RESOURCES to help children thrive.
1-800-CHILDREN (1-800-244-5373) is a free statewide helpline that will give you information you can use wherever you live in Georgia. Callers can talk to a trained individual who cares and wants to help.
Mental Health and
- Georgia Crisis & Access Line - 1-800-715-4225
- GA Peer2Peer Warm Line - 1-888-945-1414 (This is not a crisis line, but offers support by a certified peer specialist 24 hours a day)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255.
- The Crisis Text Line - Text START to 741-741 about any type of crisis 24/7.
Georgia Addiction Support
- Alcoholics Anonymous in Georgia - Resource for finding in-person and virtual AA meetings throughout the state.
- Recovery in Georgia - Locally run independent addiction recovery resource that features treatment centers, support meetings, and prevention resources located throughout Georgia.
- View Point Health - Offers sliding scale addiction treatment and crisis stabilization services through multiple Metro Atlanta locations. Call them at 678.209.2411.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse - Helpful resource for finding treatment centers for friends or family members that are struggling with substance abuse.
Find supportive programs near you on the interactive online map!
This tool contains over 3,000 organizations and programs around the state that support families.
Families, caregivers, and professional in your area will be able to access them through our online resources map or by calling to speak to one of our resource navigators!
Click here to go to Resource Map